Different camera views

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Hi,
I need to change the camera view. The isometric perspective is fine, but I need to display the scene in 4 views: the “normal“ built-in perspective and although views from the other 3 sides of the basesheet. Like the camera is flying around the scene. Do you understand what I mean? I read that you can adjust the camera and saw the example of the custom-view transformation. But I couldn’t figure out how it works.

By the way. To build a scene with some elements it would be nice, to have a top, front, left and right side view to make it easy to put all elements in the right place. Did I miss something? Is there any function for that?
Thank you
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM
There is an example for custom view transformations you can download. It's tricky, but it's not impossible. Which part were you not able to figure out?

Crossyards editor has an example for what you are looking for. Edit a yard, and click any of the four view buttons in the lower right corners. They will change the perspective to help fine-adjust your sheets' positions. You can use Crossyards to create your scenes - if you don't want to save it to the public, simply copy the JSON representation of your scene (there's a clipboard button in the toolbar), you can use that in your own project.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I might include those default view transformations in the next release, thanks for the idea.
Feb 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I had a look at crossyards and implemented front, side and top perspective to my code now. That helps for a while. I will give the other isometric views a try later.